The time for pumpkin spice and sweaters is right around the corner, and that means the stores are filling up with fall home decor. If you have ever walked down those aisles, you will know that there are countless fall decor ideas to choose from. Today we are sharing the complete guide to fall home decor trends in 2021!
1. Fall Color Palettes
When it comes to trendy fall decor, you can’t forget about color. As the weather gets colder outside, it’s all the more reason to feel as cozy as possible inside. If you’re looking to feel extra snug this autumn, use a fall color palette to warm up your home. Here are the top fall colors to look out for this season:
- Earthy Tones: Neutral is never truly out of style. Adding earthy tones to your home, such as green, brown, cream, and ivory will add a natural vibe to any room.
- Blush: Blush is back, and it’s better than ever. This rosy hue is the perfect accent color for any neutral home.
- Terracotta: Try terracotta tones for a traditional fall feeling. The warm shades of red, orange, and brown will create a cozy atmosphere perfect for the autumn weather.
- Rich, Saturated Colors: It’s always a good idea to add a splash of something rich and saturated to add a focal point to your home. Look for details featuring deep red, blue, green, yellow, and orange.
2. Cozy Fabrics and Natural Textures
Textures are taking control this fall season. There’s one trend that every designer seems to agree on, which is ultra-soft fabrics and natural textures. Whether it’s smooth velvet or a rustic rug, we are seeing more and more people embrace the freedom of mixing textures and patterns. Fall home decor trends are all about expressing your unique style, so have fun with mixing and matching with some of these textures and finishes.
Take a look at some of the top textures for fall this year:
- Velvet: The elegant look of velvet is timeless. Adding a velvet pillow or piece of furniture is the perfect way to bring something plush and luxurious into your home.
- Tarnish: This distressed and unfinished look is coming back. It works for furniture or decor, looks perfectly imperfect, and is easy to create yourself.
- Wicker, Rattan, and Cane: Simple and airy, these elements work well with both bold and neutral homes. They set a unique tone and add visual interest.
- Brushed Brass & Gold: These materials keep warmth within your home by offering rich and deep colors.
3. Fall Decorations
The days are getting colder, which means more time inside. That’s not a bad thing though, especially if you want to show off your home. There are so many new fall home decor trends to choose from that will help bring the fall feeling to your home. Some great fall decor essentials are:
- Candles: Candles add a warm atmosphere. Try using candles with earthy scents that smell like fall to bring the outdoors in.
- Chunky Knit Blankets: Oversized blankets create a cozy look and can add a pop of color. Tie your room together by choosing a chunky knit that complements the area.
- Natural Elements: Bring the outdoors inside by using natural materials to decorate your home. Succulents and houseplants are great additions to your home, but you can also use branches, leaves, dried flowers, and so much more.
- Basket and Tray Wall Decor: The gallery wall trend isn’t going anywhere. Add hanging baskets and trays to your walls to incorporate different textures and make your gallery wall unique.